Touch-N-Seal™ Gun Foam II Fireblock
To purchase please contact your local RV Dealer.
Touch n Seal™ Gun Foam II polyurethane foam sealant is an approved Type V residential fireblock penetration sealant for fire code applications (ICC-ES ESR-1926). It seals gaps and cracks, stops air infiltration permanently, and creates a moisture vapor barrier. It has been tested in accordance with ASTM-814 and UL-1715 and found to be equivalent in performance to other approved fireblock materials (NOTE: IT IS NOT A FIRESTOP). It has 77 percent closed cell content with an R-Value of 4.5 per inch of thickness. It cures quickly in about 10 minutes, and excess can be trimmed in about 30 minutes.
El sellador en forma de espuma de poliuretano Touch n Seal™ Gun Foam II ha sido probado segú ASTM-814 y se encontró su desempeño. NO ACTÚA COMO BARRERA CORTAFUEGO.
- Ideal for applications such as RV refrigerator compartments and to encase electric lines.
- Outperforms fiberglass with R-Value 4.5 per inch of thickness vs. 3.2 inches.
- Bright orange color for easy identification as fireblock
- Contains no CFC’s or HCFC’s.
- ASTM E-814 and UL 1715 tested.
- Yields up to 3,200 linear feet.
- Energy rated as environmentally friendly.
Seal Design and Dicor Corporation focus on the people and companies that use our products. This includes products, support and services that help improve the production process:
- Foam is tack-free in about 10 minutes (50 percent RH). Excess can be trimmed in about 30 minutes.
- Small, easily handled 24 oz. can utilizes precise application gun; makes it easy to access confined areas and seal tight spaces.
- 18 month shelf life.
|Density:||1.2-1.8 lbs./cu. ft.|
|Percent Closed Cell Content (ASTM D2856):||77%|
|Thermal Resistance (ASTM C518):||R-Value 4.5 per inch thickness|
|Maximum Service Temperature of Cured Foam:||240° F (116° C)|
|Compressive Strength (ASTM D1621):||11 psi|
|Tensile Strength (ASTM D1623):||26 psi|
|Shear Strength (ASTM C273):||18 psi|
|Shear Strain (ASTM C273):||38 psi|
|Percent Elongation at Break:||12%|
|Shelf Life:||18 months|
|Contains no CFC's, no HCFC's|
Coil Return Policy
One 24 oz. can yield up to 3,200 linear feet (1/4-inch diameter board, ASTM C1536)
|Product||Case Pack||Case WT (lbs.)||Pallet Qty.|
|Gun Foam II||12/24 oz.||23.5||72|
Read all directions and cautions before use. For additional information, see packaging label.
- Surface Prep: Surface should be free of dirt, oil, grease, and excess moisture.
- Set-Up: Attach applicator gun to can (do not over-tighten), then shake well for 30 seconds.
- Application: Dispense foam with can upside down, testing bead size on scrap metal first. Fill area about 25% full, leaving room for foam to expand. Note: To improve curing in arid regions, spray a light water mist into the cavity before applying foam.
- Storage: Upright (50º-100ºF)
- Foam Bonds To Skin Quickly: Wear gloves, eye protection and work clothes, use drop cloths.
- For Best Results: Use in temperatures 60º-100º F (50% relative humidity).
- Finish: Foam will be tack-free in about 10 minutes (50% R). Excess can be trimmed in about 30 minutes.
- Can changeover: Once started, do not remove gun until can is empty; then purge gun and remove can. Clean gun thoroughly with acetone or polyurethane foam cleaner. Do not allow foam to harden in gun.
Caution: Contains Polymeric MDI, Polyurethane Resin & Propane/isobutene. Cure foam exposed to temperatures in excess of 240º F (116º C) may release hazardous decomposition products. Keep away from heat, sparks, flames and static electricity. Turn off sources of ignition (pilot light, etc.). Ventilate work area with moving, fresh air. Vapors heavier than air may cause flash fire or ignite explosively. Do not puncture, expose to heat or store at temperatures above 120º F 949º C). Do not leave in auto. Wear protective gloves, safety glasses, and work clothes.
First Aid Treatment – Skin Contact: DO NOT rinse with water (water helps curing). If foam is wet: remove immediately with acetone or polyurethane foam cleaner. After removal, wash with soap and water. If foam has dried: It is very difficult to remove. Do not try to remove with solvents. Cured foam wears of and it not harmful to health. Eye Contact: Flush with water for 15 minutes and get immediate medical attention. Inhalation: Over exposure to vapors may cause dizziness or headache – move to fresh air. Consult a physician if needed. Ingestion: Get immediate medical attention. Keep out of reach of children.
Click here for MSDS sheet for Touch-N-Seal Gun Foam II Fireblock.